What's New: Winter 2014
- Winter is a time of planning, resting, and preparing for the
busy times ahead. We've got some exciting projects in the works: we are planning
to get 'Non-GMO Verified' certification, adding a new Milking parlor, and
hoping to add cows' milk to our repertoir.
- Before you know it, we'll be back to milking, full-on
cheesemaking, managing all the young critters, and selling our cheese at farmers
markets. Until the markets start up again, you can find our products at these
Stores & Restaurants.
- Photographer Audra Mulkern wrote about the unrivaled team of Ruth and Lori as part of her Female
Farmer Project. The photos are gorgeous!
- Our farm was featured on a PBS show! Made in the Valley
showcased our friends at Tieton Cider Works, Chukar Cherries, and us! Our part
of the show starts at the 18-minute mark. More videos, blogs, reviews,
and news articles about us are listed on the News &
- Finally, if you haven't already done so, please visit and 'Like' our
page. It's where the latest updates and photos are.
- Farmstead: All of our milk comes from our own animals.
We know each animal and can ensure the highest quality of every drop of
precious milk. Farmstead ensures that we have the freshest milk to be made
immediately into cheese. We own the farm, the animals and cheese-making
- Happy Animals: Free-roaming on lush, grass pastures,
our animals are lovingly cared for. We choose breeds high in butter fat
content, not high production, to make the best cheese.
- Artisan Cheeses: Created in small batches using
handmade techniques, each batch is unique.
- Responsible Local Farm: Using sustainable and
chemical-free farming practices, we are preserving and enhancing our
pasture in the beautiful Yakima Valley in eastern Washington.
What Sets Us Apart
- We raise our own animals.
- We pasture our animals, regularly moving them to fresh, yummy greens.
- We never buy milk from anyone.
- We never pump milk; it is always hand poured, ensuring high-quality flavor compounds.
- We never pull our baby animals from their mothers until they are weanable.
- We source non-GMO feed from local farmers who use sustainable farming practices.
- We never waste; whey is fed to the pigs and chickens.
- We are a full-circle farm raising lots of healthy protein with no chemical inputs.
- We use 'Made in USA' products when possible.
- We are naturally gluten-free.