- 2 thick-cut pork chops, I like them about one inch thick. We use whey-fed pork from our farm.
- 4 ounces grated Tieton Farm & Creamery Venus
- 1/2 pound fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
- Cooking oil for high heat
- Salt, pepper, and Cajun spices are nice in this.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay each chop flat on cutting board and, with a sharp knife held parallel to the board, cut a pocket into the pork, leaving three sides intact. Stuff each chop with spinach and then with Tieton Farm & Creamery Venus.
- Place breadcrumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each chop with a thin layer of Dijon mustard, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper, and then pat the breadcrumbs into each side.
- Heat up a cast-iron skillet to almost smoking, put in a tablespoon of oil, place pork chops in, and brown on both sides.
- When nice and brown, finish off in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, using a meat thermometer to check for doneness.